Tutoring Policies and Practices
Method Learning requires that you place a valid credit card securely on file before any tutoring begins.
- Pay-as-you-go: Method Learning requires that you place a valid credit card securely on file prior to the start of tutoring. We will charge your card after each session takes place.
- Packages: We realize that a multi-hour package represents a significant financial investment for you and your family. That’s why we offer the option to pay for only the first session up front before committing to one of our tutoring packages. Upon deciding to continue, you will be charged the remaining portion of your package fee in full. Credits have no cash value and cannot be transferred or resold.
- Unused Credits can be reapplied to a sibling or saved for use in other subjects.
- Packages, either in full or in part, are non-refundable.
- All packages must be paid in full — we cannot accommodate installments or payment plans.
- Failed payments: In the event of a failed credit card payment, MTP will contact you to place a new and valid credit card on file. MTP reserves the right to withhold tutoring if a valid payment method is not provided promptly.
Method Learning tutors are in demand, and typically have busy schedules, but will do their best to accommodate your and your student’s schedule. As tutors, we fully understand the rigors of scholastic and athletic demands placed on today’s students; at the same time, we ask for common courtesy. Flexibility on the part of MTP requires that session appointments be kept once they are scheduled. If you can no longer keep a scheduled appointment, please contact your tutor or Method Learning by phone and/or email at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment. MTP will charge a full session fee for any cancellation made within 24 hours of the scheduled session. We ask that you keep your student’s advance schedule in mind when scheduling tutoring sessions. Please note that non-emergency-related events such as athletic practices and dinners, “lots of schoolwork,” etc., are not acceptable excuses for canceling a session within 24 hours.
Tutoring is normally very effective, and while MTP students regularly achieve significant score increases on their exams, many factors contribute to student success, several of which are out of MTP’s or your tutor’s control. Therefore, there is no guarantee that a score increase will be achieved by a given student. MTP tutors will work hard to reach this goal, but there is no basis for refunds or compensation in the event that scores do not increase.
In the event that your tutor is no longer able to fulfill his/her role in working with your student(s), the organization will work quickly to find a suitable replacement tutor, but cannot guarantee that this tutor will be able to maintain the same schedule. MTP also agrees that if you are dissatisfied with the tutor for a legitimate reason (i.e., outside of bias based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or other personal attributes not related to effective tutoring), MTP will work quickly to find a replacement tutor.